Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Catch up on randomness

My grandmother's Graveside Memorial was this past Saturday, the 16th. The cemetery dug the wrong grave so she was not buried that day. Yesterday the correct one was dug, but for whatever reason they had to wait until today to inter her. I wasn't there, so hopefully it was done.

My family also now believes that my great grandmother is not buried in the correct place. (She passed several years ago at 101 years old.) Apparently she was buried and then had a service. I don't know, I wasn't there. We were still in CO and not here in CA. We were told conflicting information about it at the time so we missed it, but not intentionally. Granny was/is my favorite family member, I was sad to find out we'd missed it.

Focusing on prayer and trusting God. The sooner we move the better. It's still a waiting game.

I've been doing the January scripture writing plan.

I'm pretty sure I have caught a cold or something tonight. Another benefit of moving will be being able to start making cultured and fermented foods again. I've had enough of this getting sick often stuff!

We are most of the way packed up. The everyday things will have to wait awhile longer.

7 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Jessica, I am so sorry about your Granny, I hope my grandchildren love me like you loved your Granny. That is terrible about the mix up.
Hope you feel well soon. Hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Oh my friend, sorry to hear about your Granny. Big hugs Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

Sorry to hear about your loved one. I remember having to inter my aunt into a mausoleum until Spring because it was in the dead of Winter and the ground was too hard to dig the grave. I was not able to attend the ceremony in the Spring. Hope all went well. Janice

Randa said...

*big giant air stealing bear hugs* I'm still so, so, so, so, sorry about all of this mess. I'm praying toots.
What a giant mess about the cemetery.

I'm so glad the packing up is going well!!
I did her December writing plan!:)

Hilltophomesteader said...

So sorry about the loss of your loved ones, living without your own things around you and the stress of moving. God is good, however, and He will get you through!
I homeschooled all three of my kids from K-12 and would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Cynthia Chapman said...

Prayers your family gets this all figured out!

Danice said...

Praying for you and your family. Your faith will help very much. Blessing to you.