Monday, November 9, 2015

Book Review: Streams of Mercy



Streams of Mercy by Lauraine Smelling.

This is book three of a series, which did make it a bit confusing to get into fully because I don't know what happened in the last two books. There are lots of characters with side stories who are already established characters in previous books. With that said, this book was still enjoyable once I got through the first half and it wasn't so confusing.

The book is a little more hefty with almost 400 pages. The synopsis on the back of the book focuses on Anji and Thomas, but there is so much more to the story with the many other characters and events. One big event is that a circus comes to town, and unfortunately brings with it a horrible sickness that threatens the town of Blessing.

Anji is a widowed mother of four who came to Blessing from Norway. Thomas (a priest) arrives in Blessing to work and you wonder if the two of them will end up together?! I love that the characters trust in God. I appreciate books with a good Christian foundation.

Christian romance and historical fiction fans will like this book, but maybe read the first two in the series before starting this one! I wish I had!

I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House for my honest opinion.

No comments: