Monday, November 9, 2015

Book Review: Forgiven: The Amish School Shooting, a Mother’s Love, and a Story of Remarkable Grace



Forgiven: The Amish School Shooting, a Mother’s Love, and a Story of Remarkable Grace by Terri Roberts.

This is an amazing book of forgiveness, grace and love!

Terri is the mother of Charlie Roberts, the man (a son, brother, husband, and father!) who went into an Amish schoolhouse in Nickel Mines, PA and shot 10 of the school girls, five of whom died. Then Charlie committed suicide. This is Charlie's mother's story. How does a mother forgive her son of his unspeakable actions? It is an amazing testimony of surrender to God. Terri has so many questions that will never be answered this side of Heaven. The Amish played a major role in this family's healing, we can learn from their actions in this story.

You will need some tissues because Terri's book will make you cry at times. It is a very honest and intimate story.

I very highly recommend this book!

I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House for my honest opinion.

3 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

This book sounds so awesome, I want to read it sometime, thanks for sharing. hugs, Lecia

Cootie Bug said...

I will see if my library has this book. I would like to read it.

Christine said...

Hi Jessica! Thanks for recommending this book! I will definitely look out for it.
Have a great day!