Saturday, May 30, 2015

I hope dogs go to heaven

If you are on my instagram or facebook then you already know our sad news... My sweet Bailey-roo died last Sunday night. It's been a very rough week.

Bailey ~ July 1, 2006 - May 24, 2015



















I miss hugging him. I miss him climbing up onto the bed with me when Gary left for work. I miss him looking guilty when we caught him sleeping on the couch. I miss him always laying nearby. I miss him following me around the house and yard all day long. I miss him laying on my feet. I miss him waiting in the kitchen for something to fall to the floor. I miss him sneaking into the trash. I miss him climbing up onto our beds (yes, even the kids' beds), especially if we'd just gotten out of bed, he loved to roll around in our warm spot. I miss him barking for no reason. I let him bark at night (not all night) in case he was scaring a "bad guy" away. I miss him coming into the bathroom and curling up next to the shower waiting for me to get done. I miss him being excited to go for walks. He knew the word walk and we had to start spelling it so he didn't know we were talking about it! I miss him being overly excited when he saw his no-pull harness (for walks). He would bounce around and then lift up his paws to put them into the harness without me even asking him to. He loved going out! We will miss him doing "rodeo dog". We will miss him being our pool lifeguard. We will miss him digging holes everywhere to keep cool. We will miss him trying his darndest to sneak out of the house and "run free". I will miss him waiting patiently in the kitchen for his share of the daily homemade bone broth. I could go on and on! He was the best dog in the whole entire world. So patient and kind with everybody, even the babies who'd pull on his face and ears. He didn't growl and he didn't bite.

Copied from my instagram on Memorial Day...
Our best friend passed away last night. We are in shock and heart broken. He suddenly became lethargic yesterday evening and I noticed his tummy was bloated. He was too weak to walk. We took him to the vet who confirmed he was severely anemic. Xrays showed a tumor (pancreas) and he was bleeding internally. Surgery gave no promises and the risks were high, even after. We had to choose to say goodbye, we were with him until the end, I wouldn't let him die without us there loving on him. (The kids stayed home, we waited until we got home to tell them the bad news.) Bailey is more than our "dog" or "pet". He is our best friend, our most loyal friend, and my 3rd child. I miss him more than I thought I ever could.

7 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

I am so sorry about your precious dog. They are like our children and we love them so much. I will pray for you to have peace and comfort, he was lucky to have
you as his family. He had a good home and he knew he was loved. hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

My heart hurts for you, losing a beloved pet is always so hard. What a sweetie he was, love that face.Hugs Francine.

Dog Trot Farm said...

I feel your loss Jessica, two weeks ago I experienced the loss of our beloved Winslow Homer...my sidekick for the past fifteen years...I miss him terribly...may your heart mend and your pain ease with time...Thank you for your kind comment...Blessings, Julie...

Randa said...

Still praying dearie!

Allison said...

Jessica--- So sorry to hear of Bailey passing. Big hugs to you.

BlueShell said...

Just lovely

God Bless you

Blueshell.azurara.net

BlueShell said...

Oh...so sorry for your loss....