Thursday, April 23, 2015

Knott's Berry Farm

Our family decided to get season passes to Knott's Berry Farm! It's a great way to get in some PE and learn some history and science too. ;)

I love this place! Especially the "old west" areas of the park. I also LOVE SNOOPY!

The kids under the water fall at Camp Snoopy.
(click to make larger)


Hubby hates roller coasters, but he decided to ride one with Justin. The cars spin around as they go along the track. He regretted it. LOL.


Anabelle in Camp Snoopy.


This ride goes up and down and jostles a bit.


Lucy and Linus. Linus gave Anabelle a hug!


Riding the stagecoach. The horses they use here are all rescues!




The guys met some new friends...


There was a group of kids on a field trip. We sat in and listened to the blacksmith for a bit.






Hanging out at the Sheriff's. (Didn't realize my lens was dirty.)


Pretending to wash her hands.






I'd love a place like this to live!








We also loved the old school house. I wanted to take lots of pics inside, but my camera wasn't cooperating. Here is a post about the history and also some photos!




We all got wet on this ride. Everyone but me wanted to go again!








The mine ride has been there forever. I think it was the first ride. (I need to look that up.)


Gary liked these old wood pipes (there's lots of old neat stuff to look while you wait in line for this ride.)


I noticed most of my pics of her are with her tongue out. My little stinker...


Then we went on the Sky Cabin. I have never been on it before, that I remember. Anabelle was very scared, but we told it is basically just an elevator. I took some pics of the view. Sadly the windows are pretty old and banged up so they are not too clear. (I went on that yellow roller coaster with Justin, it was scary.)
(click to make larger)


(click to make larger)


California isn't very pretty today.
(click to make larger)




Anabelle loved this ride and went on it twice. I told her this is how the eggs feel when she scrambles them! Justin rode with her the 2nd time.








At the end of the day, the kids and hubby went looking for a funnel cake. So I sat and rested and managed a personless photo of my view while I waited. This was a great day to go because of the weather and also being a school day. Homeschooling allows us to go whenever we want! In the summer we won't go as much because it will be hot and crowded. (cell phone pic.)
(click to make larger)


Anabelle soaring through the air in Camp Snoopy. (hubby cell phone pic)


This was not our first trip to the park, and it won't be our last. :)

3 comments:

Randa said...

That looks fun! And very interesting! It's always great when you can combine the learning with fun and they don't notice it as much!

Terry said...

What a great day for all of you. My mother loved snoopy. She even had a christmas tree with all snoopy things on it. Love the quilt in the window of the house!

Trace4J said...

What wonderful new family memories!
Such fun.