Wednesday, August 20, 2014

August ramblings

We started school last Friday. It depleted our internet usage for the month and I became worried that we'd have to spend hours every day at the library again. Thankfully our neighbor is now helping us out in this situation so that we can continue to school at home!

I've made loaves of banana and pumpkin bread. The pumpkin puree was made from our garden pumpkins.

My half-brother, his girlfriend, and their 2 yr old son came to town. This was our first time meeting his son.

Anabelle and her cousin Ethan.


Anabelle at the library. We go there to check out books, update laptops and handheld games, and download files I need. She was being ornery and giving me nasty faces before I got out my camera to take a picture. Of course her attitude changed immediately and she couldn't be angry anymore so I missed snapping the picture I wanted.



We went to the local zoo. I remember going to this one in particular with my great-grandmother. I was a bit disappointed in their lack of everything. We bought year passes though because we can use them to get in to other zoos free or discounted.











This farm area is new to me. Love the big barn.




Moo.


Justin's books arrived finally! I was starting to worry they'd never arrive. Seriously. I started him on the reading on Easy Peasy, but after he finishes the first one, he'll be doing his own books.



Lookee what I won from Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe!! It has a cute little teapot charm to go with it! I can't wait to stitch this!


Pattern can be purchased HERE.

I also bought some of her beautiful overdyed floss! I couldn't help myself... This set is called Pumpkin.



I am still working on the sampler, but I started a 2nd pattern. I normally don't stitch more than one at a time, but when I saw this free pattern pop up on the Prim Stitchers Society group on FB I couldn't resist! I love love love crows! I'm almost done with it. Just have to finish the leaves that run down the right side.


Pattern by Lori Brechlin from Notforgotten Farm.

3 comments:

Randa said...

How was the first full week of school??

That is nice of your neighbor to share the internet! I guess I don't understand how that works there. We just pay for ours monthly, and it's unlimited.


Your zoo trip looks fun!! We haven't been for a few years and I am seriously missing it!
Aren;t you a fun mom, letting them ride on the rides!

Aly still borrows all the LOTR and the Hobbit from the library. :) Loves to read those and watch the movies. ;)

Hope you guys have a good weekend!

Randa said...

BTW: I'm totally in lust with that green chair that A is sitting in!

Farmhouse prims said...

Your children are adorable. My sister home schools her daughter, this is the first year. I love your stitching, you do such a wonderful job. Lecia