Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Garden Update 2

Our first beefsteak tomato!



We haven't harvested much from the cherry tomatoes lately. There are lots of green ones though so I guess they mature in waves.

Our spaghetti squash grew one fruit and then nothing for a long time. Now it is growing fruit again.



Our cucumbers were a fail, which was such a disapointment. We were very much looking forward to some tasty cucumbers. We are sure they cross pollinated with the spaghetti squash.

Hubby's habanero is finally growing something! Sadly the bell pepper next to the habanero (that we harvested three orange peppers from) looks like it's going to die.



This rose bush has very pretty roses. Unfortunatly it doesn't bloom much, so when it does, we get rather excited. :)





Overall, I think gram's garden beds need a lot of TLC before they should be planted in again. I did do some things before planting, but obviously not enough. We'd always had great success growing veggies in California previously, so this year's garden is such a disapointment.

Anabelle picked another pie pumpkin, the biggest one that's grown so far. The plants are still producing, but are looking like they are at the end of their season.

She's always by my side in the garden and a willing helper!



Stitched this up awhile back but I forgot to take a pic and post it. I just adore strawberries!



P.S. Please excuse any typos. I switched from Firefox to Chrome and Chrome doesn't auto underline everything I misspell, so I need to figure out how to turn that feature on!

4 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Jessica, oh a garden tomato, ours are still green and growing. Such a beautiful Rose, so pretty, Blessings Francine.

Randa said...

Still no red ones here! Was it delicious?? =)

Your roses are beautiful!

Barb said...

Beautiful photos! Love your stitchery!
Barb

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Jessica, my mouth is watering looking at that tomato. I don't have a garden, but I have a friend that gives me a few goodies from her garden. Your stitchery is beautiful. Little Annabelle is so cute, I have a sister and her name is Annabel. Have a beautiful Summer, hugs, Lecia