Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It's March

I finished a prairie skirt for Anabelle! The colors are much nicer in person. I need to figure out how to take better photos! Anyway, the skirt has four tiers and an elastic waistband. The tiered parts were challenging for me, but I enjoyed learning how to do it. If I do another one, I want to do four different fabrics instead of one. Next she wants a twirly skirt, which I think would be a circle skirt pattern.



With some of the scraps from her dress, Anabelle made a pillow with the sewing machine (with my guidance.)



She practiced ironing. She seems to enjoy doing it and wants to iron all my fabric!



I made a couple of these lavender sachets. The fabric is a deep sparkly purple which you can't see in the photo.



I completed the cross stitching for this awhile back, but just didn't have the right fabric to go with it until recently.



A pair of ducks came to visit us.



We finally got our homeschool a white board! (I wanted something to help teach Anabelle math.) The kids were very excited about the board the day we got it, and wanted to play their version of pictionary. We each wrote down words, folded up the little papers, and then put them in a container to choose from. The kids called it "draw my word." It was lots of fun!



Anabelle has been having fun drawing on the board.



She is so sweet!



Justin spent a little time learning to cross stitch.



He thinks it's a bit challenging.



Hopefully he will finish his clover pattern someday...



BTW the pool is too cold to swim in even though it's been very hot lately. :( It is such a tease! Gary and the kids tried to go in a couple days ago when it was 90F outside, but the icy cold water was too much. Anabelle did swim around for a bit, but she came out shivering.



We can't wait for the pool to warm up enough to swim in again!

Oh and hubby got a job!! Thank you Lord for the positive answer to months of prayer!!

:)




5 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like you've been keeping busy and having fun! I love your cross stitch! The skirt is very cute too! Tell Annabelle she did a great job on her pillow. Wow..90 already? It's been cold again here but looking forward to 70's later this week. HUGS!

Jessica said...

I will tell her, thank you Holly! And thanks for visiting!

Katy said...

The skirt looks perfect! Great job! Wow...90* there? We are in the 30's here in PA! Still cold with lots of mud! We are looking forward to warmer days (hopefully soon)! :)

Randa said...

The skirt is great! Very cute!

She's already using the sewing machine? Way to go! A isn't interested in sewing or I think we'd be working on it!

Jessica said...

She'd sew up a storm if I let her! She wants to make all kinds of things.