Monday, May 13, 2013

Lazy Elk & Stuff

Found these lazy ladies on my way home from school last week. I liked how differently each of them were laying. The first is my favorite. Talk about relaxed!








Took the URL off my blog. www.blessingsinthecountry.com It's due $ in a month, but I can't renew it. I'll see if I can set up a redirect till it expires, but I'm really not worried about it.

Today is supposed to be 79 degrees. It's overcast and I'm wondering if it's going to rain.

I made my favorite Amish White Bread with whole wheat pastry flour. Turns out I don't like it made with wheat. I also made another wheat bread in the bread-maker, but it came out awful! I know I did one of the settings wrong, but I wasn't sure which to use. It was meant to be a sandwich bread. I rarely use the machine but someone posted it as a bread-maker recipe, so thought I'd dust off my machine and try it.

3 comments:

Randa said...

Was it the taste of the bread? Or the texture? Or just everything? lol

Your elk always make me smile. I'm not sure if it's the fact that they look like the own the place or that it's everyday to you and you just talk it in stride!:)

Jessica said...

The Amish (oven) bread came out too dry and the bread maker bread was so dense it was like a rock! That one went out to the birds. We ate about half of the oven bread before tossing the rest out to the birds.

We are used to the elk and deer, but still enjoy them. I still find it fascinating that they mingle down with us humans so much. The only times we avoid getting too near are birthing season (late spring) and mating season (fall - (the big antler dudes scare me). They are more afraid of us and I've never had one chase me... thank God because I would lose. LOL.

Angie Berry said...

I didn't realize how much the elk look like big deer. Thank you for sharing your pictures of these beautiful creatures! How neat it must be to see them so often and so close.

I love amish bread! You crack me up, sounds so much like me. Are you all enjoying summer break so far? We haven't done much yet but I'm really enjoying relaxing!