Monday, January 21, 2013

Impossible Pumpkin Pie



Impossible Pumpkin Pie (no crust!)

2 cups pumpkin puree (or one 16oz can)
1 can evaporated milk
2 TBL butter (softened)
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup quick mix (or Bisquick)

In your blender add: pumpkin, evaporated milk, butter, vanilla, and eggs. Blend well. Add the sugar and spices. Blend well. Add the quick mix last. Blend well.

Pour mixture into a greased pie pan. (I grease with organic or grass-fed butter.)

Bake in a pre-heated 350F degree oven for 50-55 minutes or until you can pull a clean knife out while testing.

Let cool before serving. Or refrigerate overnight.

*If you do not have a large blender (ingredients will overflow in a small one), you can use a handheld mixer, stand mixer, do it by hand, whatever. ;)

I have read that this recipe has been on the Bisquick box. I found the recipe here.

This pie is pretty good! I am super picky about crust flavor, so no crust is awesome. I will say that this pie could use a little more kick in the spices. Next time I will add 1/8 - 1/4 tsp ground clove and see if that helps.

I know it's not autumn right now, but pumpkin is good for you! (The evaporated milk is not, oops.) I love that I can whip this up super quick and pop it in the oven for dessert.



This pie holds up great with no crust. It also tastes even better the next day. (refrigerated).

3 comments:

Trace4J said...

Morning Friend
Oh yum.
This looks so good.
I love anything pumpkin and will have to try this next weekend.
I am off sugar for 12 days
Woolie Joy
Trace

Jaana said...

Oh my, I really must invite some friends over soon, so that I can bake this pie! I mean I can not possibly let myself eat the whole thing. LOL I wonder if I could simply use baking soda instead of cream of tartar for the quick mix? Cream of tartar is not that common overhere, but apparently you can buy it from the pharmacy.

Raymond Homestead said...

I love pumpkin pie, I'm going to have to try this!