Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Grace can be Amazing

Just some pics I've taken lately. Not much going on around here.

Banana Bread, tastes even better with some grass-fed butter on it. Recipe here.



Found the kids in the hallway with their video games and Bailey.



Nutmeg and Bailey locked in our bedroom. A friend was over fixing a broken heater pipe and we didn't want them barking at him while he was here. The big dog is loving to everyone, but the little one is not.



Twinkle in the basket we got him at the thrift store. Kitties love baskets!



I am starting on my gifts for PIF. I still have three open spots, come sign up! If you don't have a blog, or whatever, feel free to sign up too, just promise me you will do something nice for 5 people this year!

And lastly, I want to share this post from my pastor. Yes in the video the F word is said, but I hope you will ignore that and embrace the grace we all fail at with each other. Pastor Mike's message on Sunday was powerful. Listen here!

http://whyweeatourown.com/sherlock-holmes-uncovers-real-grace/

I am reminded of the story of the woman accused of adultery and the men who wanted her stoned. And Jesus said, "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone." We don't know what He wrote in the sand, but her accusers dropped their stones and left.




8 comments:

Christine said...

I love banana bread but can't say I've come across grass-fed butter.
Your pets - and kids!!! are cute!

Barb said...

Hi Jessica,
I find it so funny that your kids are like my kids...sitting on the hard floor playing games.
Why do we have a couch? Oh right, that is for me!
Love your kids and critter photos!
Enjoy your day,
Barb

Randa said...

lol Aly sits on our floors all the time. Usually by a plug in so she can charge and play.

It always amuses me to see how big your dog is. He looks like a polar bear!
Your banana bread looks delicious!

Farming On Faith said...

Jessica~
I am so excited I can comment on your blog! It seems that the blogs that have a pop up box~ I can comment on~ so strange.
Have a blessed weekend!

Jaana said...

I'd love to try banana bread also sometime! But is it very sweet? Not a big fan of sweet bread.

So cute! At first I thought the kids had a warm, furry rug there in the hallway to warm up their feet while they're playing. LOL

Heh, Nutmeg has got the look of saying "don't come any closer, I've got my big bro here to protect me". :D

Looove the basket, and although I'm not a cat, I can see why they would find them so comfy. :)

I'd love to do PIF sometime, but hesitant to committing to it knowing how lazy I can be... LOL But maybe I'll have a private spring swap or giveaway at the blog later. :)

And last but not least, that's a very wise quote.

Happy week ahead!

Raymond Homestead said...

Cute pictures, love the one of them in the hallway!

Angie Berry said...

Ok girl, I've been gone from blogging for quite awhile and noticed you were missing AGAIN! So I added you to my reading list again and noticed that I don't even follow your blog... no wonder. See what happens when I'm gone... you change on me, hehe!

I can't believe how much your kids have grown over the past year, my goodness! They are getting so big and looks like they had a great Christmas. Glad to see that all is well with you. Now I'll be able to keep up with you =]

Jaana said...

Happy Valentine's/Friend's Day tomorrow, Jessica! <3 Blog again soon, ok? ;)