Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Baking Fail

Last Friday I tried to make some muffins for the women's church group.





I used a Martha Stewart recipe for ginger bread muffins I found posted on a blog. They came out awful! They overflowed and sunk. The recipe called for boiling a cup of water, then mixing the baking soda in the water. Water in a muffin recipe? I was suspicious, but it was Martha Stewart's recipe after all. Surely it was going to be okay.

I fear my poor cupcake pans are never going to recover from this disaster.

And no, I did not take the muffins to the women's group. :)

3 comments:

Holly said...

Don't you hate it when you are trying to do something to take somewhere and it messes up? Never fails!

~willa~ said...

Oh no! Presentation is everything. Of course I would have eaten them anyway

Barb said...

Hi Jessica,
My daughter just looked over my shoulder and asked me they were mine!?! Really, I am the worst cook but I bet they taste pretty good.
Barb