Wednesday, January 4, 2012

This n That

Forgot to share these few photos from November.

Our Bailey-roo. He is very loved and spoiled. :twisted:


***

I took an old unscented candle and covered it with misc. wax that I melted in a TS crock pot, and then mixed in coffee grounds. AKA me making a mess in the kitchen. Here it is almost all covered. It was fun and I like how the candle turned out!


I did the same to one of my tea lights to stick in the candle.


***

A few days ago we tried making korker ribbon for my daughter. These turned out great! Wish the pic was better. I used ribbon from the dollar section at Target from last Spring.


***

These came in the mail from Kim at Valley Primitives Gift Shoppe! I won her first giveaway. :grin: Aren't they wonderful! The candle smells amazing, the scent is Apple Bourbon. Thank you so much Kim!


***

Stacy at Stacy Kay Creations sent me this sweet snowman Christmas card and matching ornament! She makes such charming cards! Thank you Stacy!


***

Today I started taking down some of our Christmas things. I didn't take any pics to share before Christmas, so I thought I'd snap a few real quick, ya know, cuz I am so last minute and all.

Not much to see, but here's most of the cards we received. :)


Shelf in the living room.


Fireplace mantle.
Click to make bigger

***

A rare LadyMoon photo this afternoon.


As I was heading out to the back deck to take down lights and tidy up the mess from the wind we recently had, I found a wee box delivered by UPS from my new dentist. Inside was a coffee travel mug, some gum and a business magnet. It was such a surprise, I have never gotten a gift from a dentist office before! How fancy! I needed a new travel mug too!


Thank you for visiting my blog! I hope you have a blessed 2012, filled with hope and JOY!

8 comments:

Angie Berry said...

YAY for you!! Waxing is so much fun, yes very very messy but fun! Your candle looks great Jessica!

I didn't realize those ribbon spirals had a name. I had to do a Google search on korker ribbon to see what you are talking about, lol. Those are darling and I'm sure you and Anabelle will have much fun with them.

I just took my Christmas down yesterday. It's all sitting in the family room floor waiting to be boxed up but I got to playing with my quilt blocks instead. Ooops, hehe!

I saw where you won Kim's giveaway, Congratulations on such fun goodies! I didn't know dentists give gifts... I have NEVER heard of that, wow! You must have a good one, lol.

Have a great week girl~

Jessica said...

A long time ago, I saw the spiral ribbon and wanted to try them, they called them cork ribbon or something like that. Now, years later, I Googled Cork ribbon and up came Korker ribbon. I checked for them on Etsy, and there's lots for sale, but we'll stick to making our own. Anabelle loves when we make our own stuff. :grin:

Trace said...

Love that candle. Great job. And what a sweetie boy.
I so love the picture of your daughter and her sweet friend Clover.
Hugs to you Friend
Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Kendra said...

Bailey looks like a sweetie. A big teddy bear.

The candle turned out great!

I love the way your mantel looked for Christmas. I don't have the heart to take anything down yet so I haven't made the time for it. Very soon though, I need a change.

Kendra

Patty Sumner said...

:smile: Hey, Found your blog while browsing around. I love the prim style and your blog is lovely. Your mantle is lovely too. I love the prims snowmen on the mantle. Lady Moon is just to sweet! I hope you will stop by and visit and follow along with me. Blessings!

Noreen said...

Hi Jessica, I just came over from Carrie's blog because I noticed we have the same word focus for 2012-JOY. So glad I did because hubby and I are originally from northern Ca.-Sonoma County and we live near Fort Collins. It would seem alot of Ca's are leaving; both of my daughters families moved here too-they homeschool(as I did)and we love it here.
Blessings to you and yours.
Noreen

Kitty said...

First I am in love with Bailey and Lady Moon! So adorable! You won great things from Kim's give-a-way! congrats!

Noreen said...

Hi Jessica, I am curious where in our beautiful state you are?
Thanks for coming by; I've become a follow-we ex-California's turned Coloradoan need to stick together. Hope you enjoyed the snow and are staying warm.
Hugs, Noreen